Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quilting

Really excited to be working with my neighbor Gina on some quilting-related projects. Gina makes amazing quilts, is an expert seamstress, and the best knitter I know (sorry Mom). Right now she's working as a knitwear designer for Anthropologie and has yarn and needles in her hands every time I see her: at the beach, watching the Olympics, etc. I put together a bunch of different patterns in similar colorways for us to work with. We're not actually making quilts, but you'll see...

8 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty patterns. I'm interested to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so fun! I can't wait to see the leah goren print quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I can't wait either! I made a quilt a looong time ago in high school and completely forgot about that sort of craft since then, looking forward to revisiting it. xx

      Delete
  3. whatever it is (curious!!) i bet it will be amazing. i wish i had that kind of talent! i love the color palettes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I wish I was as big an expert as Gina too, but that's why it's great to have talented friends to work with :)

      Delete
  4. I especially love the version with the overlapping maroon circles (bottom right)-- the design is so delicate!

    ReplyDelete